Exhibitors Terms & Conditions
EXHIBITORS TERMS & CONDITIONS
- In the interests of fairness it is not permitted for an exhibitor to sub-let stand space or show time, nor display products from different business areas than that booked, nor will they distribute advertisements from businesses not at the show except with prior written consent from the event organisers.
- Exhibitors will adhere to all Health & Safety requirements.
- The organisers reserve the right to restrict the display, demonstration or the running of mechanical or other item that the organisers deem to be a danger to any person or of annoyance to other exhibitors.
- The venue will be open to the exhibitors from 8am for the setting up of displays. All exhibitors must be in place and set up by 10.30am. At 10.30am any vacant display area may be reallocated to other exhibitors and will be lost to the booking party with no refund offered. Exhibitors will not dismantle their display prior to 15 minutes before the shows closure without the prior consent of the organisers. Any exhibitors doing this risk not being invited to subsequent shows. The venue will remain open until 5.30pm by which time all exhibitors must have cleared their display area.
- Exhibitors will observe that the giving out of leaflets in and around the entrance and no display banners or equipment will be on display other than to the rear of the allocated table space to prevent impairment on other exhibitors for Health & Safety reasons.
- Exhibitors will ensure they have sufficient insurance cover for their exhibited goods and people accompanying or working with or for them for the duration of the show. Exhibitors insurance must include public liability of at least £3 million and public indemnity insurance of at least £100,000 including an Indemnity to Principles Clause thereby providing The Staffordshire Wedding Show adequate insurance protection under their policy.
- The Staffordshire Wedding Show will not be responsible for the loss, damage or theft of any exhibits, goods or other items brought to the show. Exhibitors are responsible for any Injury to Third Parties or Damage to Third Party Property. Exhibitors will not be reliable for any negligent error, act or omission on the part of The Staffordshire Wedding Show.
- If the show is cancelled for any reason outside the control of The Staffordshire Wedding Show, The Staffordshire Wedding Show will not be liable for any costs or losses incurred by the exhibitor. In the unlikely event that such a cancellation takes place, 70% of the total booking fee will be refunded to the exhibitor and 30% of the total booking fee due for that particular Show by an exhibitor will be taken towards pre-advertising and administrative costs should the cancellation not be covered by event insurance. At the discretion of The Staffordshire Wedding Show, the 30% that it has taken towards pre-advertising and administrative costs may be offered as a credit against a future show at the same or replacement venue within the following 12-month period. This clause includes cancellation due to weather related issues and any decision made to cancel a Show by the organisers of The Staffordshire Wedding Show shall be deemed to be the correct decision (weather related or otherwise).
- Exhibitors are required to pay a non-refundable non-transferable booking fee within 7 working days of agreeing to book a display area. If the booking fee is not paid within the required time scale, the display area will be offered elsewhere.
- The payment balance is due no less than 40 days in advance of the show date. If the balance is not paid by then, the display area may be offered elsewhere and the booking fee will not be refunded.
- In the event that any exhibitor wishes to cancel their booking, the following time schedule will apply regarding payment and refunds – If notice is given more than 42 days (6 weeks) in advance of the show date fees will be refunded or not chargeable excluding the booking fee element which will not be refunded (See 9 above). If notice is given 42 days or less in advance of the show date the total fee will be payable in full.
- Cancellations must be in writing and posted via a ‘recorded delivery’ method. The effective date to determine the payment schedule in 11 above being when the Cancellation is signed for as received by the organisers. The show date itself does count in the time schedule.
- Any bookings made within 40 days of the show date must be paid for in full and will be subject to the conditions outlined in 11 above allowing for a cooling off period of 24 hours from the day booked.
- Exhibitors booking within 40 days of the show date accept that there can be no guarantee their details will be included within The Staffordshire Wedding Show Guide if one is published though every effort will be made to do so.
- Exhibitors will not attend any other Wedding related exhibitions / Shows / Fairs at the same venue The Staffordshire Wedding Show is utilising within 2 years of the event date they are booked to attend unless with the written permission of The Staffordshire Wedding Show. In the event of the breach the exhibitor shall be liable to pay The Staffordshire Wedding Show 2X the fee paid/owed by them at this event (ie 1 years exhibition fees).
- Notwithstanding any of these rules exhibitors will comply with all relevant regulations or reasonable instructions issued by the police, local authority, or officials of The Staffordshire Wedding Show.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
The Staffordshire Wedding Show is committed to all events being as safe and risk free an environment as is reasonably possible for all attendees be they exhibitors, employees, contractors, visitors or members of the public.
In pursuance of this The Staffordshire Wedding Show requires that you and the people who accompany you comply with the following as a condition of booking whilst you are in attendance
- The exhibitor will take full responsibility to supply, wear and use any protective equipment (or anything else required or provided) in the interest of Health & Safety in pursuance of any relevant statutory provisions and will ensure any people accompanying or working with or for them do likewise.
- The exhibitor will take full responsibility to ensure that all equipment, apparatus and other items brought to or used at the show are safe and without risk to Health & Safety and have been maintained to a standard that will not constitute and offence under any relevant statutory provisions.
- The exhibitor will take full responsibility to ensure that they will conform, in all respects, to their legal duties and responsibilities as laid down by the Health & Safety At Work Act of 1974 and any other relevant statutory provisions and will ensure any people accompanying or working with or for them do likewise.
- The Staffordshire Wedding Show will retain the right to stop any operation, erection of equipment or the action of any exhibitor or people accompanying or working with or for them if it is considered there is a hazard to the safety of any persons. The Staffordshire Wedding Show will not accept any responsibility for any costs incurred out of such action.
The exhibitor will ensure that -
- Emergency exits and gangways will be kept clear at all times.
- They and any people accompanying or working with or for them understand the Fire & Emergency procedures and know the location of First Aid posts.
- Any accident must be reported to a First Aid Post.
- They and any people accompanying or working with or for them are aware of their Health & Safety responsibilities
- They and any people accompanying or working with or for them are trained to ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Good housekeeping is maintained in all areas, minimising hazards.
- Any portable power equipment is suitable and only used for the purpose for which it was designed, with safety guards and devices fitted and used. Power leads must be kept to a minimum and not cross gangways. A current test/inspection certificate must accompany all such equipment.
- That only acceptable substances be brought on site and full compliance with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulation is required.
(This is not an exhaustive or prescriptive list)
Exhibitors are responsible for their actions and those of any people accompanying or working with or for them as well as for any items brought or used by them so should consider and risk-assess their individual Health and Safety needs and put in place appropriate measures to ensure the safety of all persons at the event.
The Staffordshire Wedding Show will not accept liability for any incident arising from negligence by exhibitors.